Whether you’re looking for a place to go with your long-time sweetheart or wanting to impress someone on a first date, “Eat Like a Local” has many great options for a special evening.
In this episode of “Eat Like a Local with Chris Shepherd”, Shepherd and his wife Lindsey Brown start their date night at Montrose Cheese & Wine (1618 Westheimer Rd.}. It’s one of their top spots for small bites and delicious wine.
Then they head to Pappas Bros. Steakhouse for dinner. The steakhouse also has one of the most impressive collections of wine around -- with nearly 4,000 different ones.
After that, they hit up a spot very special to Shepherd, Brennan’s of Houston, for dessert.
Scroll down for more on the restaurants, as well as places other notable Houston chefs and restaurant owners go for great cocktails and delicious dinners.
Watch this episode in the video player above.
“Eat Like a Local with Chris Shepherd” is your guide to the best food in Houston. Watch new episodes Saturdays at 10 a.m. on KPRC 2.
1200 McKinney St. | Houston (Downtown)
5839 Westheimer Rd. | Houston (Galleria)
Shepherd and his wife share a steak whenever they go to Pappa’s Bros. Steakhouse. The reason -- they want to save space for the many incredible side dishes. One of their favorites isn’t on the menu, so be sure to ask for the sautéed jalapeños if you like a bit of kick with your food.
3300 Smith | Houston
Shepherd worked at Brennan’s for nine years and says the desserts are among the best in town. His wife Lindsey loves the bananas foster, but the most impressive tableside show comes if you order the café brûlot.
Café Brûlot means burnt brandy. The alcohol is set on fire as it’s poured down a spiraling orange peel. (You’ll see how it’s made in this episode.)
🍸 Chris Shepherd and friends share their favorite spots to get a cocktail
- If you’re into whiskey, Shepherd says Reserve 101 (1201 Caroline St.) is the place to go.
- Shepherd says the treasure box filled with cocktails and sparklers is the way to go at Winnie’s (3622 Main St.).
- Erin Smith, from Feges BBQ, says Anvil (1424 Westheimer Road) is one of her favorite spots.
🍽 Shepherd and friends share more great date night dinner spots
- Erin Smith likes Bori (1453 Witte Rd.) for Korean BBQ.
- Patrick Feges, of Feges BBQ, chooses La Lucha (1801 N. Shepherd Dr.) for a nice night out.
- Aaron Bludorn, chef and owner of Bludorn restaurant, says Coltivare (3320 White Oak Dr.) is one of his favorite places to go.
Bookmark the Eat Like a Local website, so you can find more restaurants serving up great food near you. We’re adding restaurants to the map every week.
Watch new episodes of “Eat Like a Local with Chris Shepherd” Saturdays at 10 a.m. on KPRC 2.
More “Eat Like a Local” episodes