HOUSTON – As the school year progresses, high school students and parents will soon begin to look at colleges and universities. Whether it’s a local community college or a university out of state, this year the road to a future career is looking a bit different in the midst of COVID-19.
“When is it a good time to begin looking at colleges?” “What should my student know before applying?” “How are admissions and applications changing during the pandemic?” If these are some of your concerns, then this conversation is for you.
On Thursday, local experts from Project GRAD Houston, College Readiness for the YMCA of Greater Houston, Lee College, Houston Community College and Houston ISD joined KPRC'2 Ask 2 Live for a discussion about college preparedness. Our panel of experts gave viewers the tools to help prepare their child’s future.
Contact our Panelists
- Veronica Lawrence, Program Manager, Project GRAD Houston, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Carl Husband, Ed.D. - Assistant Registrar & Director of Admissions, Lee College, email@example.com
- Alyska Malveaux - Association Director of College Readiness, YMCA of Greater Houston, Alyska.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vanessa Grover - Program Director, Outreach & Recruitment, Houston Community College, Vanessa.email@example.com
- Michael Love - Executive Director of Career Readiness, Houston ISD, firstname.lastname@example.org
Finding a College