HOUSTON – If you’re headed out this weekend, construction could impact your drive. Here is a list we’ve compiled with the information we have so far from the Texas Department of Transportation, just in case.
Houston TranStar has a full list of active closures, as they finalize the projects that will continue this weekend. For a full updated list, click here.
KPRC 2 traffic expert Anavid Reyes has assembled this list of work-zone hot spots that are confirmed as of Friday morning.
- Beltway 8 eastbound entrance ramp from Greenspoint Dr./Greensgate Dr. and Northchase Dr. Drivers should expect a total closure continuously between 8 p.m. on Friday, October 15 to 5 a.m. on Monday, November 8. Detour by following the Beltway 8 eastbound feeder road and enter the Beltway 8 eastbound main lanes via the entrance ramp that is located east of the Hardy Frontage Road.
- Beltway 8 eastbound main lanes between Ella Boulevard and Imperial Valley Drive multiple lanes will be closed continuously between 9 p.m. on Friday, October 15, to 5 a.m. on Monday, October 18.
- The I-45 northbound direct connector ramp to the West Beltway will shut down between 8 p.m. on Friday, October 15 to 5 a.m. on Monday, October 18.
- One southbound main lane on the Southwest Freeway at IH-610 West Loop will close continuously from 9 p.m., Friday, October 15 to 5 a.m. Monday, October 18.
- Crews have closed the I-69 Southwest Freeway southbound exit to Chimney Rock is currently closed for about six weeks for work on the interchange project.
- The I-69 Southwest Freeway northbound connector ramp to I-610 West Loop northbound long-term closure is in full effect. This closure will be in place for a long time. We’re talking close to a year.
- The southbound main lanes will be impacted by construction from Louetta to N. Bridgeland Lake Parkway near the Katy area. One lane will be continuously closed now, until 9 a.m. Monday, Nov. 8.
75th Street Bridge over Brays Bayou
- Crews will shut down the 75th Street bridge over Brays Bayou for bridge repairs. This closure is now active and will be in place for a year. An alternate route in the area to consider is Harrisburg to Wayside.