As Russia continues its invasion, hundreds of thousands of Ukrainians are without water, food and electricity. Since the conflict began, more than 4.6 million people have fled the country, according to the United Nations.
KPRC 2 is proud to partner with Texas Children’s, which is supporting Ukraine by hosting a donation drive at specific Texas Children’s locations Monday, April 18 through Saturday, April 23.
The much-needed supplies will be gathered, sorted and shipped to the people of Ukraine.
All items must be new in their original packaging. Liquids, clothing, medicine and medical supplies will not be accepted.
- Bar soap
- Stick deodorant
- Hand wipes (individual packets)
- Laundry detergents (pods)
- Toothbrush & toothpaste (adult and child)
- Breath mints (packaged)
- Diapers (disposable)
- Baby wipes
- Gallon freezer Ziploc
- Quart freezer Ziploc
- Sandwich Ziploc
- Duct tape
- Ink pens (Bic)
Drop off items at one of Texas Children’s drive-through donation stations. For quick delivery, place your donations in bags or boxes and in your trunk. Donations will be collected directly from each vehicle Monday, April 18 through Saturday, April 23, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., at the following locations:
Feigin Center Circle Drive, 1102 Bates Ave., Houston, Texas 77030
(832) 824-2257, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Outpatient Entrance,18200 Katy Freeway, Houston, Texas 77084
(832) 227-1185, email@example.com
Enter through St. Luke’s Way to the Courtyard, 17580 I-45 South, The Woodlands, Texas 77384
(936) 267-5055, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Texas Children’s has set up a fund to provide financial support to the people of Ukraine. Donate at texaschildrens.org/UkraineDonations.
What else is Texas Children’s doing to support Ukraine?
Texas Children’s response to the Ukrainian Refugee crisis includes:
- Actively working with government agencies, hospitals, and physicians in Romania and Poland to transfer patients with conditions Texas Children’s specializes in for women and children.
- Coordinating an employee and community donation drive to send personal, feminine, dental and infant hygiene products for Ukrainian refugees.
- Providing telehealth services and consultations.
- Providing direct medical care and training at Texas Children’s/BCM Center of Excellence in Romania.
- Provided a pediatrician to provide focused pediatric care at the Ukraine/Romania border crossing.
For more information, visit texaschildrens.org/Ukraine.