Here’s your checklist if you have to evacuate:
- Make sure your gas tank is full.
- Prepare your vehicle for what could be a very long ride.
- Stock your vehicle with necessities such as water, food, pillows and blankets, toiletries, current maps, baby supplies, pet supplies, prescription medicines, flashlights and extra batteries and cash.
- Bring proper identification and proof of residency—your driver’s license, a utility bill or rent receipt — in case you need Red Cross or FEMA assistance.
- Bring copies of key papers, such as insurance policies