There are some pretty amazing places to see in Texas. Our ongoing series “Texas Trips,” helps you discover what to do, and where to eat and stay when visiting these places.
Located north of Dallas, Plano is a great place to escape and relax. We asked Millerann Moya, Director of Communication with Visit Plano, to give us the down-low on where to stay, what to do, and where to eat while in Plano.
Distance from downtown Houston: 260 miles
🍴 Where to eat
- Legacy Hall: “Legacy Hall is an innovative culinary and entertainment destination, the first of its kind in Texas, offering the freshest, local ingredients and best of food trends prepared by local chefs and artisans to enjoy in an unforgettable space. Presenting 20+ artisanal food stalls, full-service bars, on-site craft brewery, beer garden, and live music stage, Legacy Hall is where families and friends can gather to dine, drink, and discover.” legacyfoodhall.com
- The Boardwalk at Granite Park: “A collection of waterfront restaurants that create an oasis within Granite Park.” boardwalkgranitepark.com
🎨 What to do
- Southfork Ranch: “No visit to Dallas is complete without visiting legendary Southfork Ranch. As the set for the famous TV show Dallas for thirteen years and 356 episodes, Southfork Ranch pays tribute to the show with a variety of sights to see within and outside of the mansion.” southforkranch.com
- Historic Downtown Plano Arts District: “Downtown Plano is a vibrant community of urban living, performing arts, galleries, event venues, plus unique shops and restaurants that are independently owned and operated; all set against a backdrop of historic buildings, the Plano Station Dart Rail, and Haggard Park.” visitdowntownplano.com
- Legacy West: “Located in the heart of Plano, head to Legacy West to shop all your favorite brands and dine at over 20 delicious restaurants and eateries!” legacywest.com
- Crayola Experience Plano: “Crayola Experience Plano is where the magic of Crayola comes to life! With 60,000 square feet of attractions, Crayola Experience is Texas’ most colorful family destination for interactive, creative play! Families typically spend 3-4 hours exploring our 25 hands-on attractions.” crayolaexperience.com/plano
- Heritage Farmstead Museum: “The Heritage Farmstead Museum (HFM) is the premiere living history site interpreting the Texas Blackland Prairie region in North Texas.” heritagefarmstead.org
- Interurban Railway Museum: “The Interurban Railway Museum, operated by the Plano Conservancy for Historic Preservation, Inc. and owned by the City of Plano, is a FREE history museum featuring interactive exhibits on electricity, science, and the history of the City of Plano and the Texas Electric Railway.” interurbanrailwaymuseum.org
🛌 Where to stay
- Renaissance Dallas at Plano Legacy West Hotel: “Redefine cosmopolitan luxury at the Renaissance Dallas at Plano Legacy West Hotel. An anchor to the upscale complex of Legacy West in Plano, our design-forward hotel is within walking distance of top dining + shopping options, with the best of North Dallas + West Plano just minutes away. Step into our hotel and feel the warmth of our modern décor, merging Asian + Texan influences. Gather with friends for light bites + libations at Whiskey Moon bar. Take a dip in our rooftop pool and drink in the Texas sunset with a crafted cocktail in hand.” marriott.com
For more information about Plano, visit visitplano.com.
MORE TEXAS TRAVEL IDEAS:
Searching for more things to do this summer? Visit our Things To Do page.